Saturday, October 25, 2008

It's a boy!





Since the very beginning of this pregnancy, I have had a feeling .... girl. So, as I looked a baby things, I seemed to gravitate towards girl things. On Tuesday we went in for our "big" ultrasound and found out I was wrong! I couldn't be more excited! Rob is a little extra excited too! I am so excited for a sweet little boy, I can't wait! I never had a preference, after what we had been through, I would always tell people, "a baby of any kind will due" and I couldn't have meant it more.

On Monday night, the night before we were going to find out, I picked up two small pumpkins at the store. We carved girl in one and boy in the other, then took pictures with our phones of each, so when we found out all we had to do was send the right picture! It worked out well, except for the peeps who can't get picture messages ... oops!

It was amazing what we saw in our ultrasound. We even got to see fluid in our son's tummy which meant he is swallowing! SO cool! The little things like that absolutely amazed me. I was quiet most of the time with a perma-grin and Rob and the ultrasound tech chatted it up!

The ultrasound tech did say that everything looked perfect with the baby but that my placenta was in a "low lying position." I guess most of the time, the placenta will migrate up as the pregnancy progresses but she said she has seen alot of them and mine doesn't look like the kind that is going to move. If it doesn't move, it just means I will need a c-section, no biggie as long as the baby is safe, I'm cool with it. Not ideal but I'm fine with it. We have another ultrasound scheduled for November 18th to see if it is moving. Yay for another ultrasound!! I have attached some pics, enjoy!

No comments: